About Jonathan Fellner
Protecting Your Rights in Criminal and Traffic Offense Cases
If you’ve been arrested or charged with a crime, you are probably frustrated and frightened about what lies ahead. Fortunately, you have many legal rights and it is imperative that you work with an experienced Maryland criminal attorney to protect those rights. Jonathan Fellner, Attorney at Law, will make sure that you not only understand your rights, but he will aggressively defend those rights, using his vast experience to protect your interests and liberty.
Criminal Defense Background
Jonathan Fellner has been a criminal defense attorney for over 20 years, the last 15+ throughout Maryland and the District of Columbia. He first earned a Master’s Degree in Journalism from Northwestern University and went on to earn his law degree from the University of San Francisco. With a legal career that began in the San Francisco Public Defender’s Office, Mr. Fellner earned valuable experience in what is widely regarded as one of the top Public Defender offices in the country.
While learning from some of this nation’s best lawyers Mr. Fellner is intimately familiar with the courts in the Maryland and Washington D.C. area and has a deep understanding of local legal procedures, as well as established relationships with prosecuting attorneys and judges. Each district has different rules and procedures and having an attorney in your corner who has experience in these venues could be vital to securing a positive outcome for your case.
Jonathan Fellner, Attorney at Law, takes a quality over quantity approach to its cases. While other firms might attempt to juggle hundreds of cases and depositions at one time, we only accept the caseload that we know will provide the best result for our clients. Our goal is to invest the energy, time, and resources necessary to achieve a positive outcome for each client that puts their trust in us. Placing limits on our caseload not only allows us to provide the best service, but it also enables us to stay several steps ahead of overloaded prosecutors that are attempting to prove their cases against our clients.
Mr. Fellner has represented thousands of clients over more than two decades of legal service, and he reassures each person that he is comfortable in any legal situation. Whether a case winds up in front of a judge or jury or simply requires negotiation with a prosecutor, he is a strong legal advocate for his clients that will work tirelessly for the best possible result.
Handling Maryland and Washington D.C. Criminal Defense
Jonathan Fellner, Attorney at Law, specializes in helping clients in Maryland and Washington D.C. who have been accused of traffic offenses and other criminal offenses, including Driving Under the Influence (DUI). Jonathan believes that he can best serve his clients by applying his talents toward criminal and traffic defense. In fact, he has helped thousands of clients throughout the D.C. metro area who have been accused of some of the most serious crimes. Even if a client’s case has already concluded and they still feel as if justice hasn’t been served, Jonathan can often help right a legal wrong. He has a proven track record of working with clients to assist with appeals and other post-conviction work.
Some of the primary areas of practice that Jonathan Fellner specializes in helping clients include:
- DUI is a serious crime in any state, but a skilled DUI defense attorney can assist clients with these cases that can threaten the freedom and financial security of the accused.
- Domestic Violence. Because Maryland can still pursue domestic violence charges even when a spouse doesn’t wish to press charges, it’s essential that anyone accused of these crimes have skilled representation.
- Drug Crimes. Just because there was a drug arrest, that doesn’t mean that the rights of the accused haven’t been violated. An experienced criminal defense attorney may be able to achieve a dismissal or a favorable outcome in these cases.
- Traffic Offenses. A traffic offense can not only be costly, but it could impact a person’s livelihood, creating the need for a knowledgeable traffic defense attorney.
- Jonathan vigorously defends clients who have been accused of serious felonies such as sexual crimes, robbery, burglary, drug distribution and weapons charges.
- Misdemeanors. Even a minor crime can have an impact on a client’s future, which is why Jonathan is available for this vital defense role.
- Juvenile Law. Jonathan has extensive experience defending juveniles who have been accused of crimes in what is often an intimidating and confusing legal process.
- Probation/Parole Violations. When a client is charged with a probation or parole violation, Jonathan can help provide a vigorous defense.
- Peace/Protective Orders. Jonathan has also helped many clients either obtain or defend against peace and protective orders, which are civil orders that can lead to criminal charges if violated.
- Once the appropriate time has passed, Jonathan can assist eligible clients with the process of expunging records of an arrest.
Commitment to Every Client
Jonathan Fellner fully understands the implications of a guilty verdict. He knows that people who are accused of a crime are likely worried about losing their jobs, losing their driving privileges, or worst case, losing their freedom. We know that when the threat of this happening is looming over the heads of good people, they need clear and quick answers to their legal questions. Providing clients with clear and concise legal options is one of our top priorities. Another is delivering the highest level of legal service possible, which includes being available to answer additional questions when they arise.
Jonathan’s unwavering commitment to his clients includes:
- Treating every client with honesty, courtesy, and respect.
- Handling every legal matter with competence and diligence, in accordance with the highest professional standards.
- Returning client phone calls promptly.
- Keeping clients informed of case progress and furnish copies of important documents.
- Respecting a client’s decision on their case goals, as permitted by the Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Maintaining all client confidences acquired during the attorney-client relationship.
- Demonstrating the highest measure of professional conduct in accordance with the State Bar guidelines and the Rules of Professional Conduct.
Recognized as One of The Area’s Top Lawyers
- 2015 Maryland Super Lawyer
- 2016 Maryland Super Lawyer
- 2017 Maryland Super Lawyer
- 2018 Maryland Super Lawyer
- 2016 Washington, DC Super Lawyer
- 2017 Washington, DC Super Lawyer
- 2018 Washington, DC Super Lawyer
To learn more about our law firm and how attorney Jonathan Fellner’s experience can help protect your rights and safeguard your future, contact us immediately at (301) 309-2000 or online to schedule your free case evaluation.